Sunday, March 30, 2008

Seven Deadly Sins of Knitting

Jennifer is having a contest for her 777 posts. We have to list our 7 deadly knitting sins. Here are mine:

Pride: My first sweater was To Dye For, from the Stitch and Bitch. I was knitting it and everything was going well. I was so proud of myself. My first sweater! It's easy! I'm not making any mistakes! And then I got to the sleeves, realized I would run out of yarn, went to the LYS... they didn't have any more in stock and I never was able to find some online. I finished the sleeves in another colour just because I wanted the damn thing finished. But I wasn't so proud anymore.

Envy: Oh I frequently suffer from sweater envy. Because so far, I haven't made one sweater that I've liked. So all of you who are making beautiful, well-fitted, perfectly seamed sweaters: I envy you!

Gluttony: I think my sock yarn stash is starting to show how much of a glutton I am...

Lust: I discovered yarn lust the first time I went to Effiloche and saw the cashmere. And I have indulged, oh yes I have.

Anger: The blue cardigan of doom. Have I mentionned that it's been frogged?

Greed: Jennifer, I can't help but give the same answer you did. I'm extremely greedy with patterns, and knitting magazines. I know I won't make 90% of the patterns I have, but I need them and I'm keeping them! They're mine. My precioussss.

Sloth: The Kiri shawl. I started it in May 2005! And I still think I'm going to finish it someday...

I'm quite the sinner, aren't I? ;)

3 comments:

Jennifer Lori said...

Nice list Caroline! You're entered in the contest! :)

(Thanks for the link too).

Tara said...

You frogged the cardigan??????? Oh noooooooooooooooooo! :(

Katkol said...

My name is Katherine and I came across your blog today. This post is really cute!

I work for Matchstick, a word of mouth marketing agency, and we’re looking for 100 commuters who are highly social, and connected in the Montreal area to try out a new accessory for your iPod! All that we ask in return is your feedback about your experience with the product.

If you’re interested, and would like additional information please visit our website at www.matchstick.ca/energi .

At the end of the questionnaire, we will be asking for your contact information solely for the purpose of contacting you via telephone to ask you some more questions. We will not use your information for anything other than this purpose. To view Matchstick’s privacy policy, please go here: http://www.matchstick.ca/privacy.htm

Thanks and feel free to contact me at 1-800-530-8092 ext. 219 or Katherine@matchstick.ca if you have any questions!

Have a great day.